Before submitting an application please take a moment to carefully review the following qualifications.
If you have specific questions or concerns about our company's qualifications or policies please call our office and one of our agents will happily assist you further.
If you experience a maintenance emergency while viewing one of our properties please call the office at (704)333-0723. If the office is closed, please follow the instructions on the voicemail to contact emergency maintenance.
Due to the Mecklenburg County Stay at Home Order, our office is currently closed to the public. We are not allowing showings or accepting applications at this time. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at (704)333-0723. Our office hours during this time are Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Unfortunately, at this time we do not accept Section 8 Housing vouchers.
APPLICATION FEES - non-refundable
- $55.00 per person- Cash/Money Order ONLY
- SECURITY DEPOSIT
- Security deposit is equal to the rent and must be paid in full when application is submitted. We no longer accept personal checks for applications fees. Cash or money order is the preferred method of payment. An additional deposit may be required based on credit information or rental history and must be paid in full at the time of move in along with prorated rent.
- Gross monthly income must be equal to 3 or 4 times the rent (depending on all other debts).
- In a room mate situation, each person must qualify separately.
- Married couples' incomes can be combined.
- We cannot combine the incomes of roommates and other non-married relations.
- If self employed, the applicant must show the past 2 years tax returns and a current Profit & Loss statement (P&L).
- Applicant must have satisfactory rental history and have not left a previous landlord with an outstanding balance for nonpayment of rent or damages. All balances with previous landlords must be paid in full before an application can be approved.
- We permit applicants to have a co-signer only if they are a full time student. Proof of current enrollment is required at the time the application is submitted.
- A credit check is done through the credit bureau. An applicant must have satisfactory credit with no outstanding judgments for nonpayment of rent. Tenant must show they are capable of having the utilities turned on if there is a balance due to local utility departments.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
- Proof of employment (pay stubs, 10-99, W-2's etc.) are required at the time an application is submitted. Applicant must have been employed for at least the last 6 consecutive months.
- We will conduct a thorough nationwide criminal background check.
- Rent must be paid in full each month.
- No partial payments or cash for rent is accepted.
- We only accept money orders, cashier checks, personal checks, or other certified funds for rental payments.
- All checks returned for insufficient funds must pay an additional return check fee and all future rent payments must be in certified funds.
- $300.00 non-refundable pet fee for up to 2 pets. Additional fees for more pets may be required.
- There is a strictly enforced40 lb. weight limit on all pets.
- Dogs are not allowed in any multi-family properties (duplexes/apartments).
- Some properties do not allow any pets; these will be indicated in the property's listing information.
- Pet fees are due at the time of move in.
- Photos of your pet are required at the time of application. Image must include the full body. We may also require additional proof of weight in the form of pet records.
- Berryhill Realty Co. discloses to all prospective tenants that we are acting as agent for and representing the landlord's interest. All application fees are non-refundable. In the event an application is rejected, the security deposit is refunded to the applicant.
*This property will be offered, shown and made available for lease to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal opportunity housing throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. Equal Housing Opportunity Slogan: "Equal Housing Opportunity."